Friday 3 June 2011

Clear Lake Past Experiences

Clear Lake!
    As a kid growing up, my family and I went up to clear lake on a regular basis every year. We had the same cabin since I remember, until the one year they decided that they were going to renovate it to make it more up to date. So that year we had to stay in a different cabin but in the same area on the same side. In our area we had a pool separating two sides of cabins and and then more along the other side of each row. It was a fairly large area but was still super quiet which was nice. It was only took a few minutes to walk into the park where all the stores and shops were. Every morning I would walk down to the bake shop where they had the most amazing cinnamon buns around, and take them back before anyone was awake usually. There were some pretty crazy things that happened there, I seen a few bears and cubs within the time that we were down there. The one day I was walking my dog back to the cabin, when this guy came up and told me that I better hurry back to safety because there has been two black bears spotted not far from where I was. I was absolutely terrified so I quickly ran back with my dog Sadie to the cabin and told my family that we'd better stay inside for awhile.As a family we would go down to airplane bay which was a 10 minute drive if the weather was nice. Airplane bay is another beach off of the main one, this is where people usually went tubing or boating because it is quieter. They had a very nice park right behind the museum where the they had tennis courts located, newly done huge play center so my two sisters and I always enjoyed going down there for a few hours. After your older you find that they isn't as much to do unless you and some friends go down there to camp or something. But now that my sisters and I are all grown up we find that there really isn't as much fun or entertainment for us down there. Going to Clear Lake as much as I did made so many great memories for me, and even friendships with some of the people that were down there as much as us.



Outside Article.

Accommodations

There are many types of accommodation in the Clear Lake Area. Within the Wasagaming Town site there are cabins, luxury cabins, heritage cabins, motel rooms, hotel rooms, and a lodge. Within walking distance, the Elkhorn Resort has both luxury chalets and a hotels rooms. For camping or RV's there are two RV parks outside of the park and the Parks Canada Wasagaming Campground within the town site.
Most of the accommodations have pools, BBQ's or BBQ areas, and patios. Everything within the town site is walking distance to beautiful Clear Lake and the Main Beach.
The Accommodation vary in their size and amenities, so make sure you check out the "MORE INFO" section of the listings and view the accommodation's website before booking. Many of the accommodations are full through July and August and or only accept weekly bookings during the high season. Read over their cancellation policy for further details.
You may also want to bring beach towels and as many of the accommodations do not provide beach or pool towels. To further your comfort you may want to bring specialty cooking utensils as the kitchenettes are usually stocked with the basic necessities. Call or check the website of the accommodation for more information.
Have a great time Discovering Clear Lake, and please contact us with stories, details and recommendations about your stay - 


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a cabin at Clear Lake! That's scary about the bears though, lucky you didn't see them! Too bad you don't have a cabin at Oak Lake Beach, its beautiful there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go to Clear Lake all the time! Maybe I will come there this summer and we can party! :) Legally of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there a few times! maybe one weekend well get a bunch of us and go camping!

    ReplyDelete